Service Number: 648866
who died on
Saturday, 13th April 1918
Historical Information: The cemetery was not begun until April 1918 when the 1st and 4th Canadian Casualty Clearing Stations came to Pernes, driven back by the German advance. In May, the 6th and 22nd Clearing Stations arrived and in August, they were joined by the 13th. Almost all the burials were made by these units, but a few of the graves were brought into the cemetery after the Armistice. There are now 1,075 First World War burials in this cemetery and 18 graves from the Second World War, all of the latter dating from 3/4 September 1944. The cemetery was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.
Commemorated on Page 508 of the First World War Book of Remembrance. The Book of Remembrance is in the Memorial Chamber, which occupies the second level of the Peace Tower in the Houses of Parliament, Ottawa.